7-Minute "Quick Steamed" Sweet PotatoesYou can enjoy the enhanced flavor of sweet potatoes in minutes by using our "Quick Steam" method of cooking.
Prep and Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil (or to taste)
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion slice (cook with the sweet potatoes)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Fill the bottom of the steamer with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up, press or finely chop and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut Sweet Potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- When water comes to a boil carefully add Sweet Potatoes. Cover steamer with a tight fitting lid and steam for 7 minutes. Sweet Potatoes are done when they are fork tender.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss Sweet Potatoes with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot. Research shows that fat-soluble vitamins
and carotenoids found in foods, such as Sweet Potatoes, may be better absorbed when consumed with fat-containing foods like extra virgin olive oil..