Navy beans add extra nutrition and flavor to this dish and since all ingredients are selected from our list of World's Healthiest Foods you are ensured to receive an abundance of health-protective nutrients. When we evaluated this recipe against our WHFoods recommended daily amounts, it provided 227% for vitamin K for healthy blood clotting, 134% for folate to sustain brain and nervous system activity, 103% for manganese to support bone production, 98% for dietary fiber tp promote optimal passage of food through the digestive tract, 96% for vitamin A to help support the immune system, 65% for vitamin C to help protect against excess free radical production, 57% for niacin to promote energy production, 53% for vitamin B1 to help support nervous system function, 48% for protein to help maintain integrity of our body structure, and much more!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup navy beans, drained
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds, chopped or ground
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Optional: 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, and toss with salad.